The Slaugham Archives

Churches

Zoar Baptist Chapel - High Street, Handcross This is a copy of an old drawing of the original Zoar Strict Chapel which was built on the same site...
Zoar Baptist Chapel - High Street, Handcross The present Zoar Strict Baptist Chapel was built in 1888 to replace the old chapel which was beginni...
Tin Church, Pease Pottage To provide a place of worship in the village, a church constructed of metal sheets was built on the ...
Tin Church, Pease Pottage Another view of the old Tin Church before it was used for commercial use.
Warninglid church Warninglid’s village church was built in the 1930s and dedicated to St Andrew. The foundation s...
Warninglid church The interior of St Andrew’s Church. Now confined to history.
War memorial in St Marks, Staplefield As indicated in picture #293, the names of those who gave their lives in the Great War are remembere...
War memorial in St Marks, Staplefield Following World War II just one name, P. G. Philcox, was added to those who fell in the two world wa...
Lych Gate, Staplefield church The original lych gate to Staplefield church cost £51 donated by Mrs Harrington in about 1870, and ...
St Mark's church, Staplefield St Mark’s church at Staplefield was consecrated on 18th November, 1847 by the Bishop A. T. Gilbert...
St Mark's church, Staplefield The distinctive shape of a Chile Pine, or Monkey Puzzle tree, can be seen silhouetted against the ro...
St Mark's church, Staplefield The oak screen, altar, candlesticks, etc of a chapel within St Mark’s church was given by Colonel ...

Latest Pics

Handcross School centenary - Dancing (7 of 13)Handcross School centenary - Sideshows (6 of 13)Handcross School centenary- Painting (5 of 13)Handcross School centenary Maypole dance (4 of 13)Handcross School centenary - Pupils ring (3 of 13)Handcross School centenary - Bell rings (2 of 13)Handcross School centenary photograph (1 of 13)Handcross School netball team 1978Video of Handcross Hill - 21st Century versionHandcross Hill