The Slaugham Archives

People

Mill Pond at Slaugham with man on bridge Many photographers liked to include their motor car in the picture, but this gentleman tended to inc...
Les Moore, dairyman of Handcross Alfred Leslie Moore, but known by everyone as Les, played a prominent role in the village life of Ha...
Samuel Whapham, Rifleman Inn (1 of 5) The next five pages (Nos. 1504 to 1508) show a collection of documents associated with one of the sa...
Samuel Whapham, Rifleman Inn (2 of 5) Police Constable Bertie King submitted to the Coroner letters written by Samuel Whapham to two of hi...
Samuel Whapham, Rifleman Inn (3 of 5) PC Bertie King’s collected reports from three witnesses who visited the Rifleman Inn on the day th...
Samuel Whapham, Rifleman Inn (4 of 5) The Dispositions of Witnesses document was prepared at the place of death in open view of the deceas...
Samuel Whapham, Rifleman Inn (5 of 5) When the death of Samuel Whapham was discovered, Dr Farr from Balcombe attended at the Rifleman Inn ...
Around Old Slaugham by Roger Ray In 1980 my father, Roger Ray, produced a small A5-sized book called Around Old Handcross, but by 198...
Regulars at the Royal Oak, Handcross After a hard day at work what could be better than having a pint of beer and a smoke in the local pu...
Nursing Association gathering at Hyde, Handcross Mothers and babies from the district were invited by Slaugham and District Nursing Association to re...
Nursing Association gathering at Handcross Further to picture #1530, here is a slightly more modern picture, and of better quality. Sister Els...
Sister Warner retires as District Nurse Sister Elsie Warner retired in 1954 after serving the community as the district nurse for 16 years. ...

Latest Pics

Roy Leadbetter and HMS RawalpindiNew Community Centre in Pease PottageHandcross cricket teamBill and Bert Robinson (2 of 2)Construction of Handcross bypassSad news from Burgess HillBill and Bert Robinson (1 of 2)Wooden bungalow in Balcombe Lane, HandcrossNursing Association annual meeting at Parish HallSlaugham Parish magazine from 1953