The Slaugham Archives

Roads - Slaugham

Slaugham post office and stores A group of village youths stand outside the Slaugham post office stores observed by a young lady in ...
Rock Cottage, Slaugham From the description printed on the postcard, this seems to be a “twin” postcard to picture #194...
Motor cars in Slaugham A car is parked immediately outside the Chequers, and the vehicle parked on the road looks like a de...
The Green, Slaugham The Chequers now has a traditional swinging pub sign and Slaugham has its famous white telephone kio...
Post office and stores, Slaugham This replacement shop and post office was built in the early 1920s to provide a home for the busines...
Post office and stores, Slaugham The date is 28th February 1946 and a good amount of snow has fallen on Slaugham. One vehicle has le...
Village tap at Slaugham The shop closed in 1978 and the letter box with the monogram of King Edward VII (reigned 1901 to 191...
The Green, Slaugham This shows the old post office and shop on the left (now the Chequers) with its stables/workshop, an...
Clare Cottage, Slaugham This is a fairly modern photograph of Clare Cottage, which was known as Yertiz until about 1983. Th...
The Green, Slaugham This is an unusual shot in that the camera is facing southwards. On the left can be seen Lynx Cotta...
The Green, Slaugham From the left is the white telephone kiosk, Post Cottage, Clare Cottage, Orchard House, and Chilmans...
The Green, Slaugham This gives a similar view as the picture #215, except that all the shrubs and trees seem to grown a ...

Latest Pics

Roy Leadbetter and HMS RawalpindiNew Community Centre in Pease PottageHandcross cricket teamBill and Bert Robinson (2 of 2)Construction of Handcross bypassSad news from Burgess HillBill and Bert Robinson (1 of 2)Wooden bungalow in Balcombe Lane, HandcrossNursing Association annual meeting at Parish HallSlaugham Parish magazine from 1953