The Slaugham Archives

1976

The Victory, Staplefield Vic and Lesley Newnham ran The Victory at Staplefield from 1954 to 1989; the pub being a Watney hous...
The Victory, Staplefield This is the inside of the leaflet; the front cover being on picture #326.
Handcross library closes The library in Handcross was housed in the pavilion in the recreation ground, but was closed by West...
Warren family at the Hyde 50 years In 1926 newly-married Col. J. Raymond Warren and his wife, Eveline, moved to the Hyde Estate and wit...
Warren family at the Hyde 50 years A party was held at the Hyde, hosted by the Warren family, to celebrate their 50th anniversary of mo...
Normandy Twinning visit in Slaugham The year, 1976, is an even number and that means that it is the turn of the French twinning associat...
Twinning Association at Slaugham church In 1976 it was the turn of the Slaugham/Staplefield Twinning Association to play host to a contingen...
Slaugham featured in West Sussex Gazette On 28th April, 1976 the West Sussex Gazette included a full page article on the village of Slaugham ...
Slaugham Church featured in newspaper article In the 1970s, the Mid Sussex Times ran a series featuring notable churches of Mid Sussex and natural...
Warninglid versus England at cricket In 1976, Warninglid cricket team took on the mighty women’s England team at the village ground but...
The last of the village policemen in Handcross P.C. David Pearce was the final village policeman to be installed in the Slaugham Parish. He serve...
Flyover on the A23 at Warninglid At the end of the 1970s it began to look possible that the flyover on the A23 at Warningld would fin...

Latest Pics

Dillions Farm, Staplefield sales brochure Flyover on the A23 at Warninglid                Staplefield Road in HandcrossPetanque club of Handcross play French teamBritish Legion jumble sale in Parish HallThe Mountains of Pease Pottage (2 of 2)Ice skating in Pease Pottage (1 of 2)Bus and rail services for Handcross (2 of 2)Southdown bus service in Handcross (1 of 2)Public library in Handcross